Monday, July 25, 2011

Its Coming Along

Well, we've had a VERY productive day.  I got a lot done both craftwise and around the house.  Got some things taken care of at home that really needed to be done, so I feel accomplished.  The best part of today though had to be breaking the 50 listing milestone on our webstore. That's a huge accomplishment for me.  Origionally DJ was suppose to do the majority of the photography for the site, but that task has fallen on me, and I am not very good at it.  We got some really great pics though of some of his new earrings and I'm very proud of him.

The new pattern writing venture is coming along slowly.  DJ is working on some very interesting new earring patterns and some new displays.  He just finished the design for dream catcher earrings.  They are beautiful, can't wait to see how the finished pair looks:)

Even better, today I got a phone call about a custom order.  I made 2 extra long king blankets for a friend of DJ's over the course of the spring/early summer.  He called today and wants another one done in a similar pattern with the same color scheme as his second one to be a Christmas gift for his dad.  I'm excited to be getting big orders, and excited to be getting our name out there, but these blankets take weeks to do.  By the time the piece is done I'm almost 40 skeins of yarn in, and my hands are raw from rubbing on the crochet hook.  Totally worth it!

Off to bed for this hopeful crafter.  More to come as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment