Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another Day, Another Blanket

Yes, I know its been a while since our last post.  Well here's an update on what's going on.  I got the doll line going, and we'll know in a few days how it will be recieved.  Currently there's 3 blankets and half a dozen or so hats ready to go to market with us Friday.  I'm currently working on my first written pattern.  Most of my blankets are either modifications of others I've seen, ones I've been doing for years, or off the top of my head.  As I've been getting more and more feedback on my work, I've decided to branch out a bit and offer the patterns for sale for a few of my favorite designs.  The problem with doing this, I have to have a completed project to picture with the pattern so it's taking longer than I'd hoped it would.  The first one I finish I will post here for free for all of my friends and followers.
DJ went on an earring making frenzy last night.  He completed an entire display board worth of gemstone earrings last night, so now I get the not so pleasant job of photographing them.  He did most of the product shots in the beginning, but lately that's falling on me to do.
As our first big show is getting closer and closer, I'm drifting backwards towards easy and tried-and-true patterns that I can pump out quickly and efficiently to bulk up my inventory.  Trying really hard to have $2000-3000 worth of inventory between us when we go.  I'm not sure if we're going to hit that mark or not, only time will tell.  I know that cotton dishcloths and soapavers sell well and are easy to make, and I just bought another cone of kitchen cotton, so that will help bulk up the inventory.
Well for now its nose to the grindstone and get it done.  Back to knitting for this hopeful crafter.  More to come as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment